Monday 7 August 2017

Welcome to 5LT

Welcome to 5th Grade!

I am Lucy Thompson.  This is my fifth year teaching at the International School of Kuala Lumpur.  I am thrilled to be back and am looking forward to a great year.

A little about me…

I was born in England, but subsequently moved to Bermuda.  I spent my early childhood on the island.  Subsequently, I moved to Atlanta, GA and was there until I graduated high school.  I went to Colorado College, where I played football (soccer) and did lots of hiking.  After college, I spent some time in Nepal and Malaysia before returning to the US to get my Masters in Elementary Education.  Since then, I have taught in Cambodia and Lebanon.  I am excited to now be at ISKL.

A little about the year to come…

The 5th grade team is ready for a great year.  Andrea Bongarzone will be our English as an Additional Language (EAL)  teacher, supporting in a variety of groupings as well as collaborating and co-teaching with teachers.  We have some great lessons, trips and activities ready, which you will find out about as we go through the year.  I am eager to get started and share them all with you.

I am looking forward to getting to know the students and families here at ISKL.  Please feel free to share any news with me.  I have attached a form to this letter that will allow me to get the ball rolling on getting to know students a bit better as well as their parents.  Please fill it out and return it to me.  If there is anything else you wish to share that has not been asked, please write it on the back of the paper or send me an email.

School communication will happen through ISKL email and class blog. The class blog will have all grade level and class information, including photos and a weekly newsletter. Please make sure you check these on a regular basis.  If you wish to contact me or schedule a time to meet at any point in the year, my email is ljthompson@iskl.edu.my.  If something is urgent (and not in school hours), my mobile is 011-2350-4302.

Let’s have a wonderful year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts